16 oktober 2005

Ödmjukhet

Jag fick den här versen som en email. Vishvanatha Cakravati Thakura (1654-1730) rekommenderar denna meditation för att utveckla ödmjukhet. Det är ett intressant och vackert sätt att se på andra:

"The earth, which is always visible to me, is the expansion of the lotus feet of my Lord, who is always to be meditated upon. All moving and nonmoving living beings have taken shelter of the earth and are thus sheltered at the lotus feet of my Lord. For this reason I should respect every living being and not envy anyone. In fact, all living entities constitute the Kaustubha gem on My Lord's chest. Therefore I should never envy or deride any living entity."

12.11.25 Srimad-Bhagavatam

Respekt verkar komma från en inre förståelse och attityd till livet. Hellinger, som initierat familjekonstellationer, skriver: "What is humility? The same. I acknowledge that everyone, however different he or she may be, is the same as me in the face of a greater power." (Peace Begins in the Soul, p. 130)

Till det yttre är vi alla olika, men livet i oss, själen, är av samma natur och kvalitet.